It has been found that many visitors come to the website by clicking on the shorten link. So, if it really matters. It may be surprise to know you that when it comes SEO, it is advisable to create short web link. There are plenty of evidence which are implying that a well- structured URL plays an important role. It not only increases the traffic at your website but also increase users
Below we have mentioned 15 SEO best practice for structuring URLs:
- Use a single domain and subdomain: As per the SEO guidelines, it is good to use domain and subdomain in the URL. When you use sub domain in the URL, your blogs will work more effectively and get the high traffic. You can take the help of shorten link free services to create a SEO friendly URL.
- URL must be readable: It come with no surprise that readability increase the users engagement. If you use web link shortener you can easily create readable URL.
- SEO keywords in URL: If you add high ranking keywords in the URL, the chances of coming website on the top 10 result of Google has become high. An online link shortener will help you to create SEO friendly URL.
- Exclude symbols and numeric in the URL whenever possible: Using symbol and numeric value will create mess and confusion in the URL, so try to avoid it if possible.
- Always choose short URL: Short URLs are the favorite of Google. They are readable, clean and easy get the attention of the users. So, if you want to create a short web link then use free url shortener like SPRL.
- Match URLs with title: If your blog is one reasons to drink water then your URL content must be matched with title.
- Including stop words Is not necessary: Words like but, if, also, a, etc. is not necessary to put in the URL, so try to avoid them.
- Remove punctuation: Try to ignore ASCII characters, safe characters and unsafe characters while creating URL. To check the ranking of the URL, you can take the help of url shortener and tracker.
- Try not to uses hashes in your URL : Hashes look good in the content, but not in the URL. To better structure of your URL, it is better to avoid hashes.
- Keep an eye on sensitivity: If you are using either IIS and Microsoft servers, then there is nothing wrong with case sensitivity. But, if you are using UNIX and Linux then keep on the case sensitivity.
- Hyphens and underscores: While structuring a URL, hyphens and underscores caused significant problems. Rather using these things you can use space.
- Never use repetition words: Repetition is spam in a SEO terms and conditions. If you use repetition words in the URL, Google can put your URL spam. To avoid this thing, you can take the help of custom url shortener.
- The less folders you use the better: When it comes URL, folders generally appear as slashes. So, it is advisable to use less folders.
- Limit redirection : If an users request A, which redirects to B, then there is no issue. URL A to C cause issue.
- Use URL shortener sites: To create a web link, it is worth to use bulk URL shortener like SPRL.